While we list out a lot of your frequently asked questions on this page, we thought it would be helpful to guide you through some of the considerations you should make before, during and after a loft conversion.
Considerations for your build
- When considering a loft conversion there are many different configurations you could have: perhaps you’d like floor to ceiling windows and a Juliette balcony, a beautiful bathroom flooded with light, or perhaps you need masses of storage space for all those shoes.
- Working to a budget? Then consider a simple Velux rooflight conversion. We encourage all our clients to look on our portfolio and Pinterest to get a flavour of the possibilities.
- While we’re adapt and are very experienced at working to deadlines and finishing on time, if you’re undertaking a sizeable conversion you might want to think about how this short build will have an effect on your day-to-day.
- We understand what a drag having the builders in can be so we’ll aim to have as little impact on your day to day as possible. All of our materials and tradesmen coming and going through a hatch in your roof. This means when you’re trying to get out the house our team won’t get under your feet.
- Once you have the space in your mind, you might want to start thinking about the fixtures and fittings; especially if you’re building an en suite as these can take a while to arrive. We keep on top of this during the build by letting you know in plenty of time when these bits are due on site if you need inspiration then you can always check out some of our previous jobs.
- Factor in costs for roofing. Brighton’s sea breezes can be really tough on your roof and we never really think about our roofs until there’s a leak! So we’ll always give your roof a bit of a health check before we embark on your loft conversion.
- Come and speak to us if you have questions. We pride ourselves on being a very friendly bunch and are always happy to explain and take time to go through build stages.